New Management Team Offers Enhanced Event
GEORGE, UT – March 2, 2018 will mark the debut of St. George Streetfest right in the heart of downtown St. George, UT with a Up, Up and Away themed event kicking off at 6:00 p.m. at Main Street and Town Square. For the past two years the St. George community has come to know Georgefest, a family friendly festival held the first Friday of each month. Georgefest fans are really in for a treat as the festival’s new management team has worked diligently to bring more features, festivities, food and fun to the local community. Carrie Bunker, Executive Director of St. George Streetfest (SGS) is excited about the upcoming debut and the wonderful team behind the event.
The SGS support staff includes members who previously worked with the event and new folks as well. Staff members include Main Street Manager: Kat Bliss; Entertainment Manager: George Scott; Jazz Garden Crew Manager: Kasey Gulbranson; Jazz Garden Beverage Manager: Mike and Monica Gonzales and Volunteer and Non-Profit Coordinator: Linda Johnston.
Though the event’s mission remains the same, as it was designed to revitalize the heart of Downtown St. George and make it a destination for residents and tourists. The festival showcases downtown businesses, local arts, vendors, and food and provides quality activities and entertainment for all ages on the first Friday of the month from March through October on Main Street and Town Square in Downtown St. George. Organizers provide a consistent, clean, safe, outdoor nightlife experience for the entire community. Said Bunker, “We are truly looking forward to bringing this re-branded event to life.”
Now, there are even more things to love about first Fridays including lots of great attractions:
- Desert Pulse Jazz Garden at Green Gate Village features Jazz musicians the first hour and high quality bands the remainder of the night, dancing, beer and wine from 6:00pm – 12:00am. $5 cover charge
- Stapley Family Fun Zone featuring jump houses, obstacle course, ultimate ping pong, pottery, crafts, climbing wall from 6:00pm – 9:00pm. $5 per wrist band.
- Nielson RV Vendor Village from 6:00 – 9:00pm featuring over 30 arts and crafts vendors and retail merchants, tour RV’s and Campers and get First Friday discounts!
- Red Door Dental Face Painting
- Stone Canyon Eye Care Interactive mirror photo booth
- Chef Hog Food Truck Row powered by Tuacahn: Featuring food trucks and more from 6:00pm – 10:00pm!
- Main Street Stage and Vendors: Quality family entertainment and bands 6:00pm-9:00 pm followed by Festival Sounds DJ dance party from 9pm – 10p. Downtown vendors featuring product and great food!
- Other activities: Trampoline bungee, mechanical bull, magician, hip hop dancers, vocal talent, karaoke
- Vendor opportunities are still available by visiting the website at stgeorgestreetfest.com/vendor
Up and Up and Away March 2, 2018 Featured Entertainment:
Main Street Stage:
- 6pm- Even Stevens Super Star
- 7pm- Nic Chamberlain Band
- 9pm- DJ Dance Party
Desert Pulse Jazz Garden at Green Gate Village:
- 6pm- Dixieland Jazz
- 7pm- Even Stevens Super Star
- 9pm- Less Than Lucid
George Scott shared, “As the entertainment director and with the new direction of St. George Streetfest, I am excited to be back on board and extremely committed to raise the bar on the entertainment and reputation of the event. This is what I do for a living and my name and reputation is heavily tied to what is presented. You will be hard pressed to find anyone more serious and enthusiastic about this event or the community.”
Said Jeff Germain, Owner, Chef Hog, “As a vendor providing food for the event, I love being a part of it because of the way it brings the community together and the interaction between everyone. Now that we are sponsoring the Food Truck Village with Tuachan, we look forward to an even better year!”
Upcoming Event Dates/Themes:
- April 6 – Fool’s Day
- May 4- Cinco de Mayo and Iron Streetfest
- June 1 – Moonlight Madness and Glow Run
- July 6- Independence Day celebration and fireworks
- August 3- Islands Celebration and Luau
- September 7 – Cowboy Country Jam
- October 5– Oktoberfest and Art Show
St. George Streetfest is brought to you by and in appreciation of our many generous sponsors including: Canyon Media, The Independent, Stapley Pharmacy, Nielson RV, Red Door Dental, Desert Pulse, Green Gate Village, Stone Canyon Eye Care, Skywest Airlines, St Geroge Events and Occasions, Wasatch Brewery, Chef Hog, Tuachan, IG Winery, Festival Sound and the City of St. George.
About St. George Streetfest
St. George Streetfest (SGS), formerly know as Georgefest is a non-profit organization under the A.R.T.S umbrella. SGS is designed to revitalize the heart of Downtown St. George and make it a destination for residents and tourists. SGS showcases downtown businesses, local arts, vendors, and food and provides quality activities and entertainment for all ages. The event takes place the first Friday of the month from March through October on Main Street and Town Square in Downtown St. George. SGS provides a consistent, clean, safe, outdoor nightlife experience for the entire community. Board of Directors: John Kessler – Chairman of the Board; Shayne Durrant; Tanisha “TK” Randal and Darren Edwards.
About Carrie Bunker
Carrie Bunker has been in the corporate events and marketing industry for over 20 years. She has worked with top clients in the market, including Mountain America Credit Union, AT&T, T Mobile, Cricket, Utah X Games, Lifetree Clinical Research, Buca di Beppo, and many others. Carrie has a passion for taking a concept and managing it from beginning to end to bring an event to life with that special touch. From corporate sales events and recognition programs, to summer and holiday company parties, Carrie brings a wealth of experience and professionalism to any event task. She will create, manage and plan the entire event.
Carrie has recreated in Southern Utah all of her life, but as of 4 years ago, calls it her home. She has hosted Fox 13’s Best of Southern Utah and currently has many Southern Utah marketing and event clients. She recently has taken over the role of Executive Director of GeorgeFest Street Festival and is passionate about making it even bigger and better and continuing to showcase the community and businesses the first Friday of each month from March to October.
Carrie is a graduate of the University of Utah in Public Relations and Marketing. She owns Xfluence Marketing and currently works with clients on helping them to market the event. She has owned her own company for over 20 years and now brings that knowledge and experience to the Hoopes team.
Carrie has served on several non-profit boards and committees and has won the honor of Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch as well as the prestigious 40 Under 40. She has served on many non-profit boards including: Mark Eaton Standing Tall for Youth, American Hearth Association, American Lung Association and People Helping People.
St. George Streetfest
Local arts, bands, vendors, and food, quality activities and entertainment for all ages!